Fiction Writing and Other Oddities

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

New Release: Fencing for Ladies

En Garde, My Love (or Fencing for Ladies)

Book 5 in the Archer Family Regency Romances series is in pre-release (with a discounted price) and set to be released on April 8, 2016! 

En Garde, My Love (or Fencing with Ladies) was so much fun to write, and I hope you will find it just as enjoyable to read. Here is a little secret: I actually took fencing in college but was so bad at it that I didn't get past the first few lessons. You see, I wasn't aggressive enough in going after openings presented to me by my opponents. Sigh. Anyway, it was an interesting sport, and I wanted to include it in one of my books and therefore, Fencing for Ladies was born. The book was recently renamed, En Garde, My Love, so I hope that doesn't get confusing! The paperback retains the original title while the Kindle version has the new cover and title, En Garde, My Love.

If you read book 4, A Stolen Rose, you met Lady Olivia when she "stuck her nose" in her brother's
(the Earl of Wraysbury) business. Lady Olivia is not exactly bossy, but she does know her own mind and despite Society's horror at the notion of a lady fencing, she decides to start her own school for ladies. It is good exercise, after all, isn't it? And ladies in the Regency were just as interested in healthful exercise as we are today. But of course nothing goes as expected, particularly when she uncovers a dead body hidden in her office at her brand new school.

Murder is definitely not the sort of thing in which a young lady should involve herself!

And when a forbidden love strolls into the scene, nothing goes smoothly for Lady Olivia or her secret hopes for the future.

The paperback cover, Fencing for Ladies, is on the right.

For more information, check out the book on Amazon. It's at a discounted price now, but that won't last much longer.


Enjoy!

No comments: