Fiction Writing and Other Oddities

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Christmas Spirit and Silence is Concurrence now available!

What a great week!
Both my holiday historical mystery novella, Christmas Spirit, and my short, short ghost story, Silence is Concurrence, have gone live on Amazon! I'm very excitied (as I'm sure you can guess).

That clears the ground for me to concentrate on writing Hidden Aspects, a new historical mystery featuring Prudence Barnard and Knighton Gaunt, the two main characters from The Vital Principle. I plan on torturing myself during November by participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) to attempt to get the first very rough draft of Hidden Aspects done.

As I go slowly go insane, I'll be blogging about my NaNoWriMo adventures during the month. Wish me luck--I really want to get close to finishing the rough draft if at all possible.

Once I get the rough draft done, I'll put it aside to concentrate on getting the editing done for Escaping Notice, the final (at least for now) book in the Archer family series. Escaping Notice will feature Helen Archer, the younger sister of Oriana Archer who you met in The Necklace. With luck and the help of my editor, we're hoping to get Escaping Notice out early in 2012.

Whew. My head is spinning.

Here is a bit about my two newest releases.


A Regency mystery novella

A blizzard envelopes the English countryside five days before Christmas, stranding Eve Tomlin and her mother when their carriage shatters a wheel. The women struggle through the snow, forced onward by a wraith-like figure gliding through the trees. Exhausted, they find an apparently abandoned house and stumble inside. They are confronted by Giles Danby, a guest at Folkestone Manor. Danby ruthlessly tells the women they must go.

Their host has just been murdered. A killer is on the loose.

Or a vengeful specter, if they believe Danby’s father. A specter Eve may have glimpsed in the woods.

Desperate to solve the mystery and remain alive, they can only hope the Christmas Spirit isn’t searching for another victim.

Silence is Concurrence
A Southern ghost short story


Collecting material for a book of ghost stories, Kate travels to North Carolina's beautiful Outer Banks to collect an eyewitness account of a haunting. She has a few difficulties finding the house, but eventually she meets Mrs. Corley and hars her story.

Although she doesn't realize it, Kate may find more material than she knows what to do with.
 
-----
Enjoy!

No comments: