Fiction Writing and Other Oddities

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Put off until tomorrow...

Sorry - I know a lot of you have figured out that I post new stuff on Tuesdays, but I have to put this one off until tomorrow. But I promise there will be a short thing on developing characters tomorrow. It'll be worth it, believe me.

I had to write the newsletter for my rose society this evening, so I'm running a little behind schedule. At least I'm writing, and I've almost finished my final edits for the paranormal I'm getting ready to send to my agent. I've even renamed the darn thing, since I've thought of a second manuscript in the series and a different title seemed more appropriate. It's got vampires in it--I know--everyone is doing vampires these days, but I do have some different twists, so I hope to see this one in print sometime in 2007 or 2008.

It might have a chance, particularly since I actually won first place with it in the paranormal category of the Dixie First Chapter contest. That was pretty exciting, and the contest coordinator even sent me a lovely crystal box as my prize. (Note to self: write the coordinator a thank you note!) Of course, I'm hoping for the BIG PRIZE--which would be to get the darn thing published with a traditional publishing house. If not, there are always the smaller houses, and one way or another, I'm going to get this baby published.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know the blog will be a day late. But it is coming.

No comments: